Raw, unheated, unprocessed, unpasteurized, and collected in the most natural way, No adulteration, No pesticide, and No fertilizers.
Honey is a supersaturated sugar solution with approximately 17 percent water. Besides carbohydrates, honey contains small amounts of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Apart from its high calorific value, honey is known for its medicinal properties too. Honey is produced by honey bees belonging to the genus Apis.
Apis dorsata, the giant honey bee, is very common in the forests of southern and south-eastern Asia. The comb is approximately 1 meter across. Nests are mainly built in exposed places far off the ground, on tree limbs, and undercliff overhands.
Apis dorsata is an aggressive bee and has never been domesticated as it does not use enclosed cavities for nesting. These bees are good honey gatherers with an average yield of 50-80 kg per colony.
Apis cerana indica, are small honey bees found in the forests of southern and south-eastern Aisa. Their honey yield is smaller because they form smaller colonies. They construct multiple parallel combs with an average honey yield of 6-8 per colony.
Apis florae, the dwarf honey bee is another wild honey bee of southern and south-eastern Asia. These bees make exposed single combs build on branches of shrubs and small trees. They are poor honey yielders and yield about 200-900 g of honey per colony.
Trigona iridipennis are sting-less honey bees found in the forests of the tropics which make nests in hollow tree trunks and wall cavities. They yield 300-400 g of honey.
Honey hunting or honey harvesting which involves robbing honey from wild bee colonies is one of the most ancient human Honey harvestings is a major means of livelihood of tribal in the forests, the honey collectors have been trained in the last four years in the scientific and non-destructive collection of honey and value addition by a process called ultra-filtration. It is marketed through Forest Development Agencies (FDA) in attractive bottles.
We get honey from Kerala, Kolli Malai which is pure, original and of high quality.
Health Benefits of Honey
- Country Honeycan be used as a substitute for sugar and has 69% glucose and fructose, enabling it to be used as a sweetener that is better for your overall health than normal white sugar.
- Country honey helps in weight loss, though it has more calories than sugar when honey is consumed with warm water, it helps in digesting the fat stored in your body. Similarly, honey with lemon juice or cinnamon help in reducing weight.
- Country honey is rich in vitamin c, vitamin B2, B3, B5, and B6.
- Country honey has Rich in calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc, which helps to increase immunity.
- Country honey has antiseptic, antifungal and antiviral as well.
- Country honey helps cure coughs, respiratory infection and treating allergies.
- Country honey helps prevent indigestion problems.
- Country honey promote skin care, treats acne, abrasions, bed sores and infections.
Packing and Shipping:
We supply different grades and packing as per the buyer’s requirement. We assure you of the best quality.
By Air Cargo: 3 to 6 days
By Sea Cargo: 10 to 15 days (to the Port of Loading).