Palm Candy (In Tamil- “Panakarkandu”) is produced from the sweet “Neera” from Palmyra.
Palm Candy is a nutrient-rich, Low Glycemic Crystalline sweetener; it is completely natural that it is made from the sap present in the flower buds of the palm tree. It is known as natural sugar because it involves minimum processing and no chemicals are used. The sap from the tree is heated to wick away the moisture content until a thick syrup is obtained, and this sweet nectar is then further reduced to crystals.
- In the stores, palm sugar is available in the block, granular and liquid form.
- Palm candy with water quenches thirst.
- Palm candy with milk relieves urinary trouble, urinary tract infection, and heat. Palm candy in warm milk with pepper and turmeric powder acts as a good remedy for sore throat and ear pain.
- It’s a good natural substitute for Refined Sugar. Since palm sugar is an unrefined sugar, it is known to be rich in vitamins and minerals. Research studies have found that it contains minerals like potassium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, manganese and copper; small amounts of phytonutrients such as polyphenols, flavonoids and anthocyanidin; and antioxidants.
- It is rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6, especially inositol (Vit8) which is needed for the formation of healthy cells, as well as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and choline.
- It contains the same 16 amino acids as present in the sap from which it is derived. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are needed for cell growth and repair.
- One of the biggest reasons of the popularity of palm sugar is, its low glycemic index, a method of measuring how carbohydrates impact blood glucose levels. A high GI means that the food is rapidly absorbed by the body thereby increasing the blood sugar level and causing the pancreas to release large amounts of insulin. A low GI indicates that the food is slowly absorbed, preventing the spike in insulin level. Researchers have found that the GI of palm sugar is 35, compared to honey at 55 and table sugar at 68. This is the powder form of sugar candy.
Packing and Shipping:
We supply different grades and packing as per the buyer’s requirement. We assure you of the best quality.
By Air Cargo: 3 to 6 days
By Sea Cargo: 10 to 15 days (to the Port of Loading).